Child Visitation

Upon divorce or separation, parental visitation is applicable to both married parents and unmarried parents. When married parents file for divorce, the court enters an order establishing separate visitation schedules for each parent. If a couple is unmarried and separates subsequent to having a child together, either parent can file an action requesting the court order visitation schedules.

Visitation schedules institute a court-ordered framework for each parent’s quality time with a child or children. Further, visitation schedules can determine locations where each parent will visit with a child or children and locations for the parents to exchange a child or children. Locations may include the parent’s residence or other locations determined appropriate by the court. Typically, a court order schedules visitation by days of the week, weekends, holidays, and vacation periods.

Eagle Law Offices, P.S. represents parents who want a court-ordered visitation schedule and parents who want to alter an existing visitation schedule. If you have questions concerning the institution of a visitation schedule, your rights under your current visitation schedule, or if your visitation schedule circumstances changed since your divorce, please call 206.426.6961 to speak with an attorney at Eagle Law Offices, P.S. to review your options regarding visitation with your child or children.


The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

*A lawyer may charge a flat fee for specified legal services, which constitutes complete payment for those services and is paid in whole or in part in advance of the lawyer providing the services. If agreed to in advance in a writing signed by the client, a flat fee is the lawyer's property on receipt, in which case the fee shall not be deposited into a trust account under Rule 1.15A. The written fee agreement shall, in a manner that can easily be understood by the client, include the following: (i) the scope of the services to be provided; (ii) the total amount of the fee and the terms of payment; (iii) that the fee is the lawyer's property immediately on receipt and will not be placed into a trust account; (iv) that the fee agreement does not alter the client's right to terminate the client-lawyer relationship; and (v) that the client may be entitled to a refund of a portion of the fee if the agreed-upon legal services have not been completed.