Domestic violence is a serious offense. Unfortunately, domestic violence allegations may be false and the unjustly accused could suffer significant legal problems from a false accusation of domestic abuse. If you have been abused or accused of abuse call Eagle Law Offices, P.S. at 206.426.6961 in Seattle or toll free 1.877.579.0650. Our clients come to us from Seattle, Bellevue and most areas of Western Washington. We will help you obtain an order of protection or defend you if you are accused of domestic violence.
In the state of Washington domestic violence is any criminal act committed by one family or household member against another. People in the category of family or household include:
- Couples living together, including roommates
- Spouses or former spouses
- Couples with a child in common
- Anyone over 16 years of age in a dating relationship
- Same sex partners
- Parent/child, grandparent/grandchild, stepparent/stepchild and siblings
Order of Protection
If you are the victim or the accused in a potential domestic violence charge contact us. We will work quickly to get you a court filing of an Order of Protection or defend you if an Order of Protection has been filed against you.
Most cases of domestic violence result in the filing of an Order of Protection. This is a separate court proceeding from any criminal charges that prosecutors may bring.
If the court grants an Order of Protection the order may:
- Rule that there be no contact between the parties
- Remove the person accused of domestic violence from the residence
- Order the perpetrator into a mandatory counseling program
- Give temporary custody of children and visitation schedules
Temporary No-Contact Order
If needed, the court can order a Temporary No-Contact order if there is reason to believe a threat is imminent. If a Temporary No-Contact Order is issued against you, you will not have the ability to see your children for a certain period of time and it may cause future problems for you with child custody and visitation.
Whether you need an Order of Protection or one has been filed against you, contact us now for a free consultation with one of our Order of Protection attorneys at Eagle Law Offices, P.S.